Notts and Lincs Credit Union: Loans Officer
This is an opportunity to join a fast-growing local Credit Union.
A Credit Union is a not-for-profit financial cooperative providing simple savings and affordable loans.
Your role will be to: -
* Help new and existing members who are applying for a Credit Union loan.
* Ensure loan applications are completed in line with our agreed process.
* Underwrite and confirm affordability for loan applications.
* If the loan is approved, ensure funds are released as soon as possible.
* If the loan is declined, ensure we communicate the decision clearly and support the member.
* Provide support and guidance to other members of staff.
* To monitor the overall loan application performance (e.g., approval rates, turnaround times etc) and constantly seek to improve the process for the benefit of our members.
The ideal candidate will have had: -
* Recent experience of processing credit applications for personal customers.
* Recent experience of supervising/managing others.
* Recent experinece of Credit Control.
* Good clear communication skills both written and verbal.
* Complaint/objection handling.
* Customer Service.
* Problem solving.
* Some understanding of the personal credit.
* Team Management.
The role will be based at our Nottingham office, currently Maid Marian Way, and there will be an occasional need to travel to our offices in Mansfield/Lincoln.
As we are a small office, all members of staff are required to undertake whatever duties are necessary to support our members, flexibility and adaptability are important.
This is a full time, permanent role subject to a 6-month probation period.
The working week is currently Monday to Friday, and is based on a 37 ½ hours.
Exact start/finish times to be discussed/agreed.
The role is available immediately