This job has expired

Debt Collector / Credit Controller

Employer
Page Personnel
Location
UK
Salary
Competitive
Closing date
23 Jan 2021

View more

Sector
Accountancy
Contract Type
Permanent
You need to sign in or create an account to save a job.

Job Details

I am working with a fantastic organisation in Newport who are looking for a Debt Collector / Credit Controller. You will be joining an established and friendly team who will focusing on cash collection, minimising any bad debt and allocating cash for 70% of the time and the other 30% you would be learning the ropes of the Purchase Ledger and as you become more comfortable you will allowed to take on more of the other finance duties.

Client Details

The client is a small organisation with the finance team based in their Newport Office. The client is easily accessible by Public Transport and by car. Initially this role will working from home. Training would require you to be in the office for a few days a week.

Description

As a Debt Collector / Credit Controller you will be expected to:

Collection of cash from customers in line with agreed terms

Proactively manage the collection of overdue debts, reconciling account queries

Responsible for cash allocation of customer receipts

Manage and allocate unallocated cash

Perform daily review of customers on stop

Perform daily invoicing run

Update daily cashbooks

Perform customer credit checks and provide recommendations for changes to customer credit limits

Close sales ledger at month end

Ensure all customer files are kept up to date in line with internal controls

Profile

The ideal candidate for the Debt Collector / Credit Controller will:

Have excellent communication skills
Be exceptionally organised
Have worked in a Debt collection or Credit Control role previously or carried out those duties previously
Be comfortable in holding difficult conversationsJob Offer

The successful candidate will:

Be Based in Newport
Salary £18,000-£20,000 Per annum
Flexible Benefit's
You need to sign in or create an account to save a job.

Get job alerts

Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.

Create alert