Linux Engineer (RHEL 7 & 8)
I have an excellent role for a Linux Engineer to join one of the UK's best know Financial Services organisations and take that next step in their career - The role offers flexible / remote working but the successful applicant will be required in Swindon 2-3 days per week post COVID.
As an Infrastructure Linux Engineer you will be working in project teams building and maintaining Linux platforms to provide strong business solutions. You will be involved at all stages from Design, build and non-production support. Ongoing training is important and the opportunity to increase skills in technologies such as Openshift is encouraged. As a part of this role you will join our Linux community to share ideas and collaborate with other professional Linux/Unix engineers.
Infrastructure Engineering supports all the Non-production Infrastructure. This is used for development and Systems testing. We also build the production systems before they are handed on to the production support area with Nationwide and provide specialist guidance and advice.What you'll be doing:
Working within the project team you will work collaboratively with others to build the best solution using RHEL 7 or RHEL 8 and have good automation experience and feel comfortable using Puppet or Ansible
Using your SME knowledge, you will attend meetings, offer advice/consultancy build systems and work through problems to provide solid working solutions within the Linux space.About you
Have a proven track record in providing technical delivery through the design, build and implementation of Red Hat Linux:
Experience and knowledge of the following areas would be beneficial:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 or 8 System Administration
- Managing RHEL systems within a Red Hat focused standard operating environment using Red Hat Satellite including subscription management, system build and patching and customisation via Puppet, Ansible or Shell Scripting
- Be comfortable working across multiple projects and immersing yourself in a team
- Be ready to share your expertise with our emerging talent
- Build good working relationships with both technical and business stakeholders, gaining their respect and trust based on your knowledge and professionalism
- Have the ability and desire to quickly learn new technologies.
If this is of interest and you'd like more info please give me a call or apply for the role!!
- RHCSA and/or RHCE certification
- RedHat OpenShift
- Ansible and/or Ansible Tower
- Familiarity with interpretive programming languages such as python.
- Network and infrastructure security concepts
- Working within an Agile environment
- Regulatory environments such as PCI and GDPR
- Working with 3rd parties / suppliers
Lorien Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/91573966