Job Description of a Python Developer
Our market-leading client is looking to secure the services of a Python Developer to join their development team on a permanent basis.
As the Python Developer, you will be based in Milton Keynes. You will be part of the Development and Application Support Team, working with Software Architects and other members of the Systems and Development Teams. This will include working across the entire Business (to capture and understand business requirements) including: Sales, Operations, Network Planning and our emergency response team. Key responsibilities of a Python Developer will include:
Skills & experience of an Application Developer:
- Review and analysis of new software requirements and existing software shortcomings
- Creative design of solutions to identified problems and new requirements
- Working closely with the team to provide guidance and expertise to tailor solutions before implementation
- Meticulous documentation of software solutions to increase the transparency and clarity within the team
- Thorough implementation of tests alongside software to limit the amount of future code breakage
- Deployment and delivery of software solutions
- Maintenance and bug fixing of the current and newly developed software
- Automatization of processes and systems
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in software development under GNU / Linux systems
- Experience with SQL and DB libraries such as SQL Alchemy, PDO etc.
- Experience in creating or at least integrating with RESTful or SOAP APIs
- Solid understanding of mark-up languages such as HTML, XML and JSON
- Cloud application Development, e.g. Amazon EC2, Lambda, API Gateway, Serverless, DynamoDB
- Experience with frameworks such as Symfony, Django, Flask, Zato
- Well acquainted with the concept and practical implementation of unit testing and TDD
- Organisational skills and the ability to work both alone and in teams
- Awareness of application security issues and secure coding practices
- Excellent communication and written skills, with the ability to be able to interpret non-technical requirements and provide solutions
Our client is built on diversity. Their ambition is to build an inclusive culture where diversity is embraced, and everyone feels safe, respected, valued and able to thrive as part of a winning, engaged team.
As part of our recruitment process, you will be required to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK. Documentary evidence will be requested at the interview stage.