IBA Accounts Technician - Reinsurance to £40,000
We are now looking to recruit an IBA Technician to join our team.
This is an exciting and diverse dual purpose role that incorporates both a IBA Reconciliations Technician function, involving reconciling bureau signings with relevant transactions and releasing/collecting funds from bureau markets, and also as an Analyst working with the business to propose new ideas and efficiencies to help optimise the IBA bureau process.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Carry out general IBA functionalities ensuring payments are settled promptly
• Reconciliation of transactions and bureau signings
• Ensuring the release of collected/due funds
• Prepare, monitor and chase auto and manual statements
• Monitor reports around the impact and potential solutions that prevent financial impact
• Propose and assist in the development of electronic methods and system enhancements
• Work with the business to improve processes and practices
• Provide training to the business to improve performance
• Attend regular review meetings with the business
• Comply with internal procedures and external regulatory requirements and escalate issues to management.
• Provide cover to other team members and ad hoc duties when requested by management.
• Effective and speedy Market accounting payment cycles and resulting cash flow
• Ensure payments to and from clients are managed effectively, on time and accurately
• Maintain effective working relationships with all Associates to ensure the best possible environment for client service.
• Monitoring and resolution to issues and queries is essential.
• Ensure proficiency with all IT systems, specifically Open TWINS as the core servicing platform
• Build partnership service relationships with defined clients, business units and regions
• Develop team knowledge of all aspects of the current and future deliverables
• Define, and implement clear instructions, controls and procedures.
• A good understanding of the general and legal principles applicable to insurance in particular FSA client money rules.
• An understanding of the workings of the London bureaux
• Ability to compile, analyse and interpret information and data to facilitate decision making
• Analytical and problem-solving skills, including research and investigation
• Keenness to understand problems, and able to propose appropriate solutions that add value to the process
• Able to use knowledge tools and the knowledge and skills of those around them to develop understanding
• Ability to build and maintain good business relationships with the business, insurers and associates.
• Ability to communicate effectively and professionally both verbally and in writing with stakeholders
• Ability to manage time, prioritise and ensure that deadlines are met without compromising quality.
• Effective delegation as appropriate.
• Excellent presentation skills in both preparation and execution.
• Shows a flexible approach to change.
• Ability to achieve set individual and team goals and objectives.
• Adopts right first time approach.
• Professional and tactful negotiation and persuasion skills to achieve objectives.
• Work in support of other team colleagues.
MW Appointments is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.