We are currently working exclusively with a client in Blackpool, who are looking for a PQ Management Accountant to join their team in this newly created position. You will be working alongside the current Financial Controller and reporting into the senior management team, all of whom work closely to continue the growth of their business.
Duties include: -
- Manage the purchase ledger process approval of major supplier invoices for goods received, supplier credit notes and supplier payments
- Manage international receipts and payments with accuracy, and monitor the credit control
- Management of the cash book across multiple currencies and completing daily bank reconciliation
- Monitor the monthly stock valuations and movements, including any transport costs and adjustments.
- Responsible for the fixed assets register and all depreciation calculations
- Accruals and prepayments
- Monthly EC Sales and Supplementary declaration
- Complete quarterly VAT returns
- Produce monthly analysis around sales, commissions and budget against actual
- Calculate the sales discount & rebate reports monthly and cumulative calculations
The candidate we are looking for will be able to demonstrate they are a good team player and working towards an accountancy qualification, (ACA/ACCA/CIMA), also they will have strong IT skills, be a good team player and have a keen eye for detail. Ideally you will already have some of the following experience:-
- Knowledge of the transactional processing of the ledgers through to nominal reconciliation
- Experience of an integrated ERP system and good Excel skills
- Understand stock management and movements
- Work well at all levels with fellow peers and effective team
- Already completed the first stages of study for ACA/ACCA or CIMA
This is an exciting time to join this privately owned yet growing SME business, where you can look to develop your skills in a diverse and challenging role. You will gain financial and commercial exposure, while at the same time being supported with your studies and practical experience required to qualify (ACA/ACCA/CIMA).