Join ALPADIA's teams to make the 2021 summer an unbelievable experience! We are looking for highly motivated people, who have the ability to engage and inspire young students, and who are looking for an enriching and educational experience.
ALPADIA committed to safeguarding and promoting our students' wellbeing. All staff are expected to contribute to a positive camp culture that supports this ethos.
For the 2021 season, we are currently recruiting an Academic Manager to our course centre at the University of Surrey.
The role will involve taking overall control of the English language teaching in the camp, ensuring it is of a high standard and EFL teachers are supported to deliver high quality lessons.
* Ensuring all EFL tuition is appropriate to a summer school environment
* Leading the placement testing process.
* Ensuring weekly paperwork is completed accurately (lesson plans, registers, records of classes) across the department
* Leading daily staff meetings
* Maintaining proper levels of student discipline, safety and welfare
* Observations of other teachers.
* Ensuring all academic provision at the camp meets or exceeds British Council requirements
* If necessary, being prepared to teach own classes (although this is not expected to be a teaching role in itself)