Paraplanner/Office Manager - Financial Services
Our client is a leading professional services firm with multiple offices within the South Yorkshire region.
The business is looking to invest in the appointment of an experienced Paraplanner/Office Manager to provide support and supervision for the firms Financial Services Division.
The team is multi-functional, offering advice on Valuations, Anti-Money Laundering, control of assets, Office Service functions.
As a key member of the firm's senior management team, the successful applicant needs to be an excellent team member, with a flexible approach to working along with an ability to guide and support other members of the team.
Duties and Responsibilities
The role of Paraplanner/Office Manager will provide support for the Financial Services Directors and will be responsible for :
* Supervising the financial services administration team, monitoring its effectiveness and identifying improvements
* Maintaining, documenting and implementing new office processes as appropriate
* Working with the IFAs to identify new business opportunities within the existing client bank, accountancy practice clients and beyond to help maximise the potential of the department
* Liaising with the advisors throughout the advice process
* Providing portfolio and fund analysis reports to advisors prior to client meetings
* Researching investments, fund options, pension transfers, retirement options, mortgages, life assurance and income protection (due diligence & buy lists)
* Suitability Report/Annual Review writing as well as putting together reports from other paraplanners with all enclosures and binding for presentation (if busy or needed)
* Assisting the compliance officer to ensure compliance standards are met throughout the financial services department, along with completing FCA returns; checking compiled information and figures on returns before they are handed to the FCA authorised person for processing.
* Attending bimonthly departmental meetings and managing administration team meetings as required, minuting the meetings
* Monitoring the work of staff and identifying training needs in order to minimise error rates and promote a "right first time", quality assured service;
* Setting clear performance objectives and competency standards for staff and objectively appraising their performance against these each quarter;
* Providing objective and constructive feedback to staff that enables them to develop, dealing promptly and fairly with poor performance;
* Attending courses when required and maintaining an adequate level of CPD to ensure compliance with FCA and professional body requirements and develop personal skills.
* Representing and promoting the firm in formal and informal situations, attending seminars and networking events as a representative of the firm
Skills and Qualities
The successful individual will be CII Diploma in financial planning with significant experience developed within a customer service & compliance environment, along with a good understanding of the financial planning process, regulations and products.
Key for the business is to appointment an individual that demonstrates an ambitious, dynamic and forward-thinking approach to match that of the firm.
* Salary up to £35,000 (Dependent upon experience)
* Excellent benefits
Barber McLelland are a dedicated and niche recruitment consultancy service for the Accountancy Profession. Our area of expertise covers recruitment from part qualified accountants through to Partners and Directors within Big 4, National Accountancy Firms, through to Independent Accountants and Specialist Boutiques across the Yorkshire and East Midlands Region.
For a confidential discussion regarding the position, please contact Justin Barber at Barber McLelland Ltd