This is a brand new role for a mathematically minded person to develop AI software (computer vision, data science, machine learning and deep learning). Whilst some background in software development is desirable - either commercial experience or university courses, this is an opportunity to start at the ground level and train up in a rapidly expanding and exciting field.
You will be part of a small, growing team helping chart our AI strategy and define the problems we are solving with AI. You will help build our AI development and production infrastructure and set our technical standards. To succeed you must become an expert in building AI models & software, solving real world problems and putting them into production.
The work will span a wide field from image recognition, through to numerical anomaly detection. The candidate will be able to influence the direction and type of work as they help to shape strategy and direction.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
* Build AI from scratch and help product managers and stakeholders understand results.
* Help to establish, set up and manage our AI capability.
* Help business stakeholders understand the potential and limitations of AI when planning new products.
* Deploy AI models into production.
* Create APIs and help business customers put results of your AI models into operation.
* Keep current in the latest AI developments.
* Contribute to non-AI software development projects to facilitate delivering a complete solution.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* A mathematical brain or background - Maths, Engineering etc.
* Commercial experience of either Python, .Net/C#, .Net Core, Biztalk is desirable but not essential as full training will be given.
* Experience in a different field of programming, or evidence of enthusiasm and natural ability.
* Self-starter, able to work on activities with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
* Able to pick up complex problems and concepts quickly.
* Effective at communicating complex ideas