To provide Maritime safety engineering skills to external and internal clients and to assist in the development of business growth. Tasking will be provided and supervised by the Project Manager and a Principal Safety Engineers where necessary, though a degree of self-starter experience will be necessary.
The primary output for this role will be provision of safety engineering expertise to deliver defined artefacts in support of projects to our clients. Artefact production will cover the whole range of Safety Management System (SMS) documentation for Maritime platforms, and the applicant should possess analytical skills to examine evidence to support a safety argument. Ability in the use of safety engineering tools and techniques together with excellent report writing skills is essential for the delivery of output.
The successful candidate will need to be flexible to work in a variety of other domain safety support roles within a team and must be prepared to travel to meet customer and internal business needs.
* Assimilating information and gaining a good understanding of the problems and issues associated with new tasks
* Providing solution options for discussion and agreement with their supervisor and PMs.
* Delivering solutions for review and approval by their customer and supervisor.
* Working within a geographically dispersed team
* Support the development of new and nurture existing business relationships both internally and externally.
* Support new team members and to help grow the capability
* Take the lead on specific tasks, providing support to other team members where needed. This may include a requirement to supervise more junior team members and review their output against the schedule.
* Ensure that work tasks are delivered to the specified time, cost, required quality standards and any other specifications given.
* Provide solutions to problems that are defensible, auditable and which will meet customers' expectations and needs
* Provide support to time estimates for inputs to bids.
* Ensure that all work performed is consistent with Compliancy Procedures
* Support and develop potential business opportunities within the existing and potential customer base.
* Develop and maintain effective technical networks with Maritime customers.
Qualifications & Experiences:
* Engineering degree or equivalent.
* Analytical and logical thinking skills consistent with those associated with the successful completion of a degree in mathematics, science or technology; also, the job holder must have conceptual flexibility and be able to think in an integrated/holistic/systematic manner.
* Good judgement for reliably identifying and managing risks, and also for selecting the most appropriate solution from a range of options.
* Good questioning, listening, influencing and general interpersonal skills to obtain relevant and accurate information from others.
* Good oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
* A collaborative willingness to influence/persuade others to align to a particular course of action.
* Good team working.
* Knowledge and experience in working with the Maritime regulatory organisations.
* Chartered Engineer
* Masters' Degree in Safety related discipline