Our rapidly expanding Client based in Chester are seeking to add a talented Finance Manager to their ever growing team ...
You will be an all-rounder, somebody who is just as comfortable managing people as they are numbers. You'll enjoy a challenge, and embrace new ways of working as you steer the team through changes that are inherent to a growing SME. A self-starter, you'll be willing to hit the ground running. And of course, you'll have a good head for crunching numbers!
The Finance Manager plays a key role in the control, management and improvement of all accounting processes, contributing significantly to the development of the business.
Responsible for the management of 3 staff, the successful candidate will have very good experience and understanding of financial management and have the relevant qualifications associated with this post: CIMA (At least Part Qualified (Minimum: Management Level). Knowledge of Sage 50 accounting software is essential along with the ability to improve systems and procedures and work as part of a small but very friendly team.
What you'll be doing:
* Monthly consolidation of the group Management Accounts. Accurately preparing monthly Management Information Packs for various entities
* Analysing variances and commentary in support of the MI Packs
* (Working technical knowledge of reporting standards and management accounting techniques, Comprehensive balance sheet reconciliations, including accrued income, expense schedules, fixed asset reporting & intercompany balance reconciliation's and Profit Loss reporting/analysis). Budgets and forecasting activities. Preparing year-end file for audit and dealing with queries.
* Produce and maintain accurate cash flow forecasts and reporting for the various entities.
* Reconciliation of Bank / Cash Accounts
VAT / CIS Tax
* Management of the Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) for the property development (part of the business)
* CIS TAX Reconciliations/ Submissions/ Verifications/ Payments / subcontractor deductions - Monthly statements etc
Full line management responsibilities of the Finance Team including task allocation, managing workflow, management of payroll, monitoring the quality of work, performance management, training and development and dealing with any employee problems that arise (Full understanding of the Government Job retention scheme).
* Management of the Cash flow, Banking, Creditor/ Debtors ledgers,
* Monitoring and evaluating financial information systems and suggesting improvements to streamline processes and taking the lead on implementation and roll out.
* Keeping abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation.
* Providing a support service by working with all departments and the management team to help make financial decisions and ensure compliance.
* Liaising with other function managers to put finances and accounts in context.
What you'll need:
Knowledge & Experience (Essential)
* Demonstrate 3 years of Management of team
* 5 years accountancy experience.
* Proficient in using accountancy software SAGE 50
* Proficient in using Sage Payroll software and NEST Pensions.
* Experience of working in growing SME and understands the differences between owner-managed and corporate environments.
* Proven experience of implementing systems and procedures that have contributed to improved efficiencies.
* Demonstrable knowledge of current financial regulations and legislation.
* CIMA (At least Part Qualified (Minimum: Management Level)
* Accounts/ Business / Economics degree
Skills and Attributes
* Strong leadership skills with the ability to coach, influence and inspire whilst promoting integrity and accountability at all times.
* Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, with the ability to work with colleagues at all levels including non-finance members of staff.
* Commercial awareness, with a keen interest in business, and an understanding of how an organisation works and manages resources.
* Organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
* Project management skills
* A lively and enquiring mind with a logical approach to work, combined with analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Adaptable and committed to continuous improvement.
* Stamina and motivation to balance changing demands in a growing company.
Initial starting salary is circa £35,000 but will rise to £40,000 after successful completion of probation.
In order to be short listed - You must match the essential criteria and qualifications associated with this role. References will be verified prior to commencement of job role