Our central government client are currently looking for a Senior Front End Developer to join their team on a 12 month contract based in London with WFH paying £600pd.
CV deadline: 7th January
We are looking for an outstanding Senior Front End Developer, who can make a positive impact, and want to contribute to the most demanding and exciting new digital service for the UK Government.
You will have outstanding skills and be ready to quickly get to work within an agile multi-disciplinary team of Developers, Designers, and Analysts focused on the Departments flagship welfare reform programme.
You'll be the kind of person who is unconcerned with titles and hierarchy; what really excites you is problem-solving and the opportunity to deliver innovative technology that carries real value for users.
You will draw value from collaboration with others, actively seeking input from colleagues and valuing a multidisciplinary team over hierarchy.
Day-to-day you will be an integral part of that team in designing, creating and improving new and existing products, platforms and transactions across government.
• Have expert knowledge of cross-browser considerations.
• Have expert knowledge of web accessibility and semantic HTML
• Have expert knowledge of Responsive Web Design.
• Have experience with BDD/TDD using toolsets such as Jasmine and Jest
• Have knowledge of client side build tools: webpack, grunt, gulp or similar
• Have knowledge of UX and usability.
• Have familiarity with the GDS Design System and Gov standards
• Be involved in the wider web development community, identifying good practices we can adopt and sharing our experiences.
• Have knowledge of tools and techniques used within the wider team, both developers and non-developers.
• Have an ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
• Have proven experience maintaining a large and dynamic code base.
• Have working knowledge of unix-like operating systems such as Linux and/or macOS.
• Have knowledge of the use of version control systems such as git.
• Have the ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques.
• Have experience of building high-traffic websites.
• Understand web architecture.
• Have an understanding of Mustache templates, Java and Node.js