The successful Network Technician will join a successful team delivering voice and data services, supporting over 22,000 users, 45,000 network outlets, 7,000 wireless access points and 4,000 VoIP handsets.
Responsibilities will include:
* the delivery of quality services as well as maintenance and upgrades of existing systems, whilst asserting and maintaining ongoing compliance with security standards
* providing operational support for the data and telephony systems
* focus on supporting the company wide building programme (organising and quality assuring cable installations), whilst providing back-up and cover in the other areas as required.
The networking team provide a range of services into the university including:
* Wired connections - switches, routing, load balancing and firewalling
* Wireless connections - including RADIUS authentication
* Virtual Private Networking (VPN)
* IP Address Management - including DNS and DHCP
* Wide Area Network (WAN) links
* Telephony - including voicemail
The team is led by the Head of Networking. Day-to-day activity is managed by the Network Specialist (Operations), with the support of three Network Technicians (including this role).
Project work, both large-scale long term, road mapped developments and in response to analysis of our service utilisation, is undertaken by a pair of Network Specialists (Projects).
In addition, the role of Network Specialist (Analyst/Developer) is focused on pre- emptive and predictive responses to our clients service provision. Activity in this role includes mining operational log files and development of automation tools.
The successful Network Technician will demonstrable experience of maintaining components of an enterprise-level IT infrastructure and hold expert knowledge of current networking and/or systems technologies and their application.
Location: Norwich, Norfolk
Hours: Full Time
Salary: £26,715 to £32,817
If you are interested in this position, feel you have the relevant experience and skills and would like to apply, please call our team on or apply online.
Whilst we'd love to get back to every applicant, it is not always possible, so if you haven't heard from us within 3-5 days, please note that your application has not been successful on this occasion.
Aspire Cambridge is acting as an Employment Agency in regards to this Permanent opportunity.