What you'll be doing:
We're supporting our clients as they adapt to a new world in the wake of COVID-19. We're now recruiting for roles which will help our clients to deliver vital services and to resume business wherever possible.
What we're looking for:
- Maintaining accounting records
- Preparing/checking transactions and reference data on ledger and then processing once approved by team leader
- Reconciling balance sheet and P&L items
- Settling payments in line with relevant delegated authority and monitoring/resolving outstanding invoices/statements
- Issuing invoices/statements and monitoring/chasing/resolving outstanding balances
- Processing payments and receipts
- Matching receipts to debts
- Monitoring cash balances
About Capita/Insurance Services
- AAT part or Fully qualified
- Previous relevant experience gained working in a finance role, preparing journals, coding receipts, organising payment runs
- Good excel skills
- Flexibility to deal with mixture/changing clients
Capita is one of the UK's largest providers of technology enabled services. We're supporting and improving the lives of millions of people every day, working across a huge range of businesses in both the public and private sectors. Our software is supporting over 1 million children secure a school place each year, our teams are handling more than 100 million customer conversations and our technology is helping London to become a zero-carbon city. We can only create better outcomes with the right people behind us. That's why we encourage an open, honest working environment where everyone can be themselves and know they're valued for their differences. We're always challenging each other to learn and improve, because we know when we work together, we can achieve more
At Insurance Services, we provide back-office accounting, administration and underwriting services to the insurance industry. We have built our reputation as a credible, highly effective and trusted partner delivering valuable insurance services. We leverage the latest technologies to continually create more efficiency for our customers.What's in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
You'll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You'll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.What we hope you'll do next:
Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
We're an equal opportunity employer, which means we'll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we're committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We're supporting our clients as they adapt to the unprecedented circumstances brought about by COVID-19. We're currently recruiting for essential roles, which will help our clients deliver vital services for people and businesses at this time. All interviews, assessments and background checks will take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact.
It's important to note that most of our sites are now closed and employees are working remotely where they can. Where offices are required to stay open, we are following government guidelines on personal hygiene standards, daily cleaning of employee work areas, maintaining safe distances and limiting the number of people in the office at one time. We also have clear policies on business travel and continuity.
The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we're doing everything we can to keep our employees and customers safe during this time.