PMR are looking for a Web Developer (Ruby and Python) to join our client in Milton Keynes.
This role is permanent with a competitive salary of £50,000.
The successful post holder will be responsible for providing software design and engineering in support of labratory operations and management.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
* Undergraduate degree in IT or computer science
* 3+ years of demonstrated software engineering experience with Ruby and scripting languages such as Python or R and Pearl
* 3+ years of experience programming ERP database systems, preferably but not essentially relating to Biological Sciences
* Sound software configuration management and governance, as well as pure development
Essential Technical Skills
* Ruby programming to expert level
* Restful API / Interface experience
* Web development on a Linux platform, including Linux web server configuration and support
* Relational database design and administration, preferably PostgreSQL
* Git software management tools
* Delivery of simple Data Warehousing solutions
* Highly desirable experience of automation scripting using Python or R and Pearl
* Instrument or robotic integration experience
* Linux systems administration at the command line, including editors and file management
* MS SQL Server relational database (for legacy systems at UK Biocentre)
* Experience of technical business analysis and process design
Do get in touch if you would like to find out more about this role