An established Scottish Award-Winning Web and Mobile Development company.Job Summary
Reporting to the CEO, the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) will be responsible for the whole technical arm of the business, ensuring the company is at the forefront of utilising available technology to deliver brilliantly for their customers.
This is a pivotal appointment at an exciting time - with high growth anticipated, the CTO will help deliver on the company growth strategy, while leading an Agile and best-in-class multi-disciplined technical team.
The customer focused and innovative CTO will have a commercial mind-set and ensure all technical aspects of client projects are delivered to a high quality and the organisation delivers a superb customer experience at all times.
While not a hands-on development role, the CTO will have knowledge of the full development life cycle with an emphasis on mobile and web technologies, acting as Tech Lead for some major clients while mentoring and developing team members.Required Skills and Experience
- You'll have experience within a technical leadership role in a high-growth or start-up environment. You'll understand what it takes to scale a technology start-up and be the leader in that journey in every respect
- Acumen - Commercial, tactical, technical & strategic awareness, with ability to engage & build strong, effective relationships
- Knowledge of the full development life cycle with an emphasis on mobile or web technologies
- Understanding of Mobile development best practices with emphasis around React Native, Native mobile app builds
- A good working understanding of back end systems, including and how they play a part in either Mobile or Web applications.
- Understanding of QA methodology and troubleshooting techniques
- Design/Pre-Sales - the ability to map high level concepts and marry them to technology stacks and App functions
- The ability to lead technical conversations to picking the right service, tool or technology to best meet the customer's needs
- DevOps - Good working knowledge of Cloud Based infrastructures and deployments
- Security - A good head for security is essential and a knowledge of application security best practices
- SaaS - Good experience developing SaaS products and what it takes to scale effectively
- General network management skills, local, public and VPN
- Soft skills - Versatility, adaptability, engagement, collaboration, effective communication skills, delivery-focused