GRAPHIC API ENGINEER
Location: Cambridge, UK
Level: Mid-Senior Level
Your New Company
Producing some of the world's most advanced digital products with super high-end technology that enables transformation across a variety of industries, they design to deliver the intelligence in applications from sensors, smartphones, tablets, high-end enterprise infrastructure and IOT.
Our innovative technology has been shipped in billions containing chips and our super connected society and community means we have had breakthroughs in innovation for engineers' and developers and ensuring a fast, reliable route to market for global technology and electronics companies. You will join the team and investigate existing and new features of 3D graphics APIs like Vulkan and DirectX and how these apply to current and future Mali GPUs and based systems.
You will approach this from a use-case and performance perspective, work closely with software and hardware and driver teams
- Investigating features of and improvements to 3D graphics APIs, including implications on hardware design and software architecture. This may include prototyping of such changes, proposing changes to the Mali GPU architecture, and drafting new API extensions and give guidance on GPU hardware roadmaps.
- Explain new technology and its implications to internal and external partners.
- Knowledge of either OpenGL ES, Vulkan, DirectX, or Metal APIs.
- A understanding of GPU and the workloads GPUs are likely to see in different scenarios such as gaming, XR, and machine learning.
- Good C++ development experience and knowledge across version control systems.
- Annual Bonus Plan / Cash Award
- Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events