This is your chance to join a team of experienced and like-minded engineers who enjoy a relaxed, socially inclusive and professional environment that allows them to deliver high quality solutions to clients.
Enigma People Solutions' amazing client develops custom automotive centric ICs using ARM Cortex-M based microcontrollers and integrates Analog and mixed signal, RF and Power Management IPs bringing a complete solution to their international customer base.
Our client is looking for a Test and Debug engineer to test products and ensure they match customer requirements, needs and expectations and help the engineering team deliver fit for purpose solutions to the customer. The role has responsibility for helping the company maintain technical credibility with the customers.Job Responsibilities:
- Technical debug of customer-related issues, coordinating with the Engineering department as required, and acting as the representative of Engineering in front of the customer
- Conceptualize, Design and Develop system (application level) test plan for new and existing devices. This includes HW (board), SW package (embedded FW) and test scripts (Python).
- Perform physical silicon device evaluation at chip and board level based on defined evaluation plans, including understanding the silicon behaviour and functionality in detail. Draw conclusions from evaluation results and working with project lead or designers, support necessary debug, or device, specification or test modifications
- Collaborate with design, ATE and application engineers to develop more efficient test methods.
- Analysis of customer requirements for fit with existing or potential products and capabilities
- Management, tracking and progression of customer-related technical issues, expediting resolution of problems and complaints
- BSc in Electrical Engineering or related engineering field
- Ability to develop software in C, C++ and python.
- Experience with state-of-the-art board layout practices, component choices, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in new product development
- Product test experience at Silicon and PCB level
- Comfortable with writing programming scripts or small applications which assist in the gathering and processing of test measurement data.
- Analog electronic circuits and test programs
- Exposure to MATLAB will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of microprocessor-based mixed-signal embedded systems, including firmware development and use
- Experience in IC test development engineering within the semiconductor industry
- PCB debug knowledge with the ability to fault find to component level with the use of test equipment.
- Experience in mixed-signal power ATE is an advantage
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Engineering credibility in front of customers and internally
If of interest, this role can be evolved into an applications engineer role that will allow the post holder to take their technical and product knowledge and collaborate with engineering and the sales and marketing team to help represent the customer perspective inside the company to make a strong internal business case and in doing so identify and win business opportunities for the company. There will be the opportunity to develop and drive continued growth by leveraging core strengths while finding creative ways to apply those strengths to customer issues. The role should also help marketing with identification of customer needs leading to new product concepts, roadmaps and associated strategies.