Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for an Accounts Payable Manager
to join our Enabling Functions team to work in Newcastle Upon Tyne.
In your role you will be directly responsible for managing and developing a team of Accounts Payable Clerks, ensuring your team provide a first class payables service to the business and contribute to paying our supply chain on time whilst adhering to all processes and controls. You will play a vital role in our continuous improvement journey and work across functions to support our key project deliverables in the P2P space.
As an Accounts Payable Manager
, your main responsibilities are as follows:
- Manage a team of Accounts Payable Clerks;
- Day to day management of the Accounts Payable team, ensuring workloads are prioritised accordingly;
- Oversee the work of the AP team to ensure proper review and compliance;
- Recruit and provide appropriate training of staff;
- Conduct 1 to 1's and Performance Development Reviews with individuals;
- Coach and develop team, set objectives, provide guidance and feed-back and identify personal development opportunities;
- Drive individual and team performance improvement and embed culture of continuous improvement;
- Help coach and support escalated queries from the team to resolve;
- Monitor KPIs & review team performance against set KPIs;
- Review processes and recommend improvements / opportunities to streamline/lead change initiatives;
- Liaise with suppliers over invoice queries and questions on payments status;
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders ensuing excellent relationships are built and maintained;
- Assist with half year & year-end audit requirements;
- Review Aged Creditors balance and take appropriate action to resolve unallocated balances, debit balances, and other unexplained balances to support payment on time;
- Ensure adherence to purchase ledger policy and controls and all company policies.
The following qualities and experience are essential:
- Proven experience of leading/managing and developing an Accounts Payable team in a complex, high volume environment;
- Have a proven ability to engage and motivate people, identifying people development opportunities and coaching one to one;
- Be passionate about people management and empowering individuals and teams to achieve targets and passionate about;
- Be able to inspire an environment of continuous improvement and great customer service;
- Excellent communication and analytical skills;
- Ability to manage own and team workloads to ensure SLA's are met and KPI's are achieved;
- Manage complexity within a highly agile environment;
- Analytic abilities, with high attention to detail and problem solving;
- Ability to work under own initiative and prioritise tasks;
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, ever changing environment;
- Ability to identify and manage the implementation of process;
- Excellent attention to detail & a high level of accuracy;
- Be committed to continuous self-development - of own career and team;
- Control and compliance minded, ensuring team adhere to all company policy and processes;
- IT literate with intermediate / advanced Excel skills.
The following qualities and experience are desirable:
Why work for us
- Experience of leading a team of 8+ individuals;
- Experience working within a Shared Service environment;
- Have a thorough working knowledge of Oracle.
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.About us
Balfour Beatty's Enabling Functions includes our centralised HR, IT, Procurement, Finance, Health & Safety, Sustainability and Comms teams. Together we support Balfour Beatty to deliver projects on behalf of our clients. We operate according to our Build to Last values of Lean, Expert, Trusted and Safe.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering). Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.