Job Title:In-house Senior Real Estate Solicitor - Acquisitions & Developments
Flexibility: Full remote working during Covid with a mix of remote, office and site based afterwards
Salary: Negotiable Dependant on Experience
Douglas Scott are working with a leading national housebuilder in the search for two new solicitors to join their large in-house legal team. This position as a senior solicitor within the business will advise across land acquisition and development matters, management and oversight of team members with board level responsibilities.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
• Dealing with the acquisition of sites for development and a wide variety of ancillary matters arising during or post site acquisition.
• Leading and assisting on instructions, on a wide variety of development matters such as Site Set Ups, JVA's, Affordable Housing Disposals and Section 106's etc...
• Working with various senior stakeholders, attending specific board meetings with responsibility for performance and progress reporting.
• Oversight and guidance of junior legal colleagues.
The ideal candidate will be/have the following:
• A UK qualified solicitor (10 PQE + as a rough guide but lesser will be considered dependant on experience)
• Must be a real estate/property solicitor with significant demonstrable experience within development and land acquisition matters
• Candidates from both private practice and in-house businesses will be considered
• Ideally, you'll have worked with major housebuilders but if not, specific experience working with developers will be preferred.
If you'd like to be considered for this vacancy, please apply by sending an up to date CV and I'll endeavour to respond ASAP.