Elevation Recruitment Group are delighted to be exclusively partnering with one of the region's leading businesses to recruit a Tax and Treasury Accountant.
Despite the challenges of the last 12 months, this organisation have continued to grow and invest in their people to achieve continued success.
Reporting to the Head of Tax and Treasury, this role will suit a newly qualified Accountant who has experience of UK tax compliance regime, including corporation tax and VAT, and ideally some experience of treasury.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of VAT returns and supporting analyses across various tax jurisdictions
- Preparing year end schedules for external tax advisors
- Assisting with month end and year end financial close process
- Preparation and monitoring of various tax submissions
- Preparation of monthly Intrastat and EC Sales List reports
- Assisting with tasks associated with PAYE and Corporation Tax compliance, including transition to 'Making Tax Digital'
- Treasury back office functions: deal confirmations, settlement of fx/interest derivatives, interest payments
- Accounting for derivatives: hedging documentation, valuations, reconciliations and hedge accounting
- Assisting with supplier/payroll payments
- Preparation of reports to support banking covenant compliance
- Supporting for internal controls: review of bank reconciliations
- Ad hoc tasks and project work to support Finance and wider Group change initiatives
Key skills / qualifications:
- Qualified Accountant - ACCA, ACA, CTA
- Experience of UK tax compliance
- Treasury experience preferred although not essential
- Strong Excel skills
If you are currently working in a tax role within Practice, or working in Industry and feel that you have the experience and qualifications to be successful in this role then please apply today, or contact Steve Bruce for a confidential discussion.