A market leading company based in Accrington is currently recruiting for an ambitious and forward thinking Finance Business Partner to join them in a newly created position.
You will be reporting directly to the Head of FP&A working alongside a team of experienced Financial Business Partners and will be part of the team driving the Finance Transformation and overseeing the various business wide FP&A projects.
This is a perfect role for an outgoing, highly confident and experienced FBP who has a specialist background in transformation and Change Management processes.
This business is growing at a rapid rate and you will be required to quickly to build strong relationships with key stakeholders in various part of the business, taking ownership, driving projects, implementations & challenging the financial side of these projects to ensure everything is managed within budget & time frame.
Whilst you will have guidance from the Head of FP&A, this role would suit a self-starter who can communicate confidently with other departments and provide financial support and analysis.
This role suits an qualified accountant who has spent time working for highly commercial companies, ideally within the Retail Sector, Ecommerce, B2C or Financial ServicesAs Finance Business Partner - Project Accountant your role will include:
To apply for the role you must:
- Preparing, analysing, and implementing accounting and reporting requirements
- Interpreting P&L, balance sheet and cash flow data and information to highlight opportunities and minimise risk
- Business partnering and communicatinge] with non-finance stakeholders effectively and articulately.
- Working as a member of the Finance Business Partner team, collaborating with functional leaders, providing financial subject matter expertise to deliver robust functional commercial and financial performance.
- Providing and owning functional financial forecasting and tracking, ensuring that commercial benefits are realised and aligned to functional goals and objectives.
- Ensuring adherence to financial regulatory and legislative standards and expectations.
- Providing robust analytical and financial decision support and expertise.
- Identifying and developing stakeholder relationships internally and externally that add value to the business in the short, medium and long term
- Cashflow analysis and forecasting, investigating variances
- Preparation of KPI's and performance metrics
- Monitoring WIP and controlling spend / costs
- Be a time served qualified accountant; ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- Have experience of working within a highly commercial, Ecommerce, retail or financial services company
- Have the ability to influence and strategically partner.
- Have strong business acumen and analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to gather, analyse and present data.
- Have advanced excel and ideally SQL experience
- Be experienced and confident business partnering with all levels of management through to directors
- Have a proven background in business partnering / project / cost accounting
- Have strong analytical skills
- Be confident with excel and business intelligent systems
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company who are going through an exciting period of growth and will allow the successful candidate to be part of an exciting changing business.