Armstrong Knight are proud to be working with a leading music and entertainment Business specialist who have an exciting new career opportunity available for an accounts assistant with 'Royalties' experience.
Working with a fun, fast paced and dynamic team you will undertake day to day support for an exciting portfolio of clients within the music/entertainment sectors. Typical client base includes; Recording Artists, Touring Artists, Songwriters, Music Producers, Artist Managers, Booking Agents, Recording Studios, Record Labels, Music Publishers, Music Merchandisers, Creative Design Agents, Authors, Actors, Social Media & TV Presenters.
The Role - 50% Royalties administration vs 50% Business Management
* Creating and maintaining royalty accounts
* Preparation, review and completion of royalty statements
* Review and analysis of contracts.
* Facilitating the payment of royalties to artists and other recipients in a timely manner.
* Researching historical royalty payments in response to client queries.
* Assist on any other royalties projects as and where needed
* To undertake day to day bookkeeping and business management for a portfolio of clients.
* Assist with the handling of the portfolio's financial and personal affairs, whilst meeting the needs and client's expectations.
* Processing sales invoices, receipts and payments.
* Completing and filing of client VAT Returns and EC sales lists.
* Identifying issues and resolving.
* Liaising directly with clients and suppliers on queries to ensure timely completion and a professional manner.
* Providing credit control services for client portfolio.
* Preparing client cash flow reports and forecasting.
* Tour accounting including preparing reports for tour support, 360 commission and other reports in respect of mitigating withholding taxes
* Preparing monthly management accounts.
* Dealing with financial paperwork and responding to HMRC queries.
* Settlement of all client invoices and tax liabilities to meet deadlines.
* Preparation of UK Certificates of Residence, A1's and international withholding tax forms.
* Direct client facing role that requires a confident and professional approach to client servicing.
* Knowledge of Payroll and Pensions required as Business Manager would need to liaise with the client on a monthly basis to ascertain changes needed.
* Prior experience working within an environment servicing music and entertainment clients.
* Previous experience with software packages including Quick Books and Xero are a bonus.
* AAT qualified and/or suitable/relevant book-keeping/business management experience.
* Knowledge of VAT rules, Accounts, Tax, Payroll and Royalties desirable.
* Outstanding progression opportunities
* 25 days holiday (plus statutory)
* Company Pension Scheme
* Highly social environment
* Access to client gigs/events
Please apply on line or contact Thomas for more information on this exciting new career opportunity