This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing F1 teams electronics department. Giving you the opportunity to showcase your skills and experience within electrical design and installation. Helping to develop and drive the team consistently to future success.
This role reports directly to the electronics design team leader supporting on the design and installation of all electrical parts both on and off car in accordance with the F1 technical regulations.
You will have proven experience working in F1 or Motorsport environments, working at extreme paces whilst maintaining the highest quality standards and solving problems in a scientific and analytical manner.
* Design of on and off-car harnesses, boxes, sensors, and other assemblies ensuring they meet performance and reliability requirements.
* Design of FIA, FOM and supplier component installations.
* Proactively investigate faults and generate/update fault reports as required working closely with the Reliability Engineer and the electronics trackside team.
* Continuously monitor and improve on and off car installations, design standards and operational processes and procedures.
* Support pre-season car build, test and rig events as required to oversee the installation of designed parts into the chassis and garage environment.
* Actively progress allocated vehicle performance, development and reliability projects under the direction of the Electronics Design Team Leader.
Education, Software and Work experience
* University Degree or equivalent in Electronics or Electrical Engineering
* Previous electronics design role experience in a high-level motorsport environment is essential.
* Experience of working with CAD design packages and PCB design tools (Catia, 3DX and Altium)
* Embedded system programming and high-level software languages would be advantageous (C, C#, VBA)
* Understanding of electronics design on an F1 chassis and ability to produce accurate drawings to a high standard.
* Experienced in the production of small batch/prototype analogue and digital circuits.
You will receive a competitive salary and the unique opportunity to join a unique F1 business, so if you feel you can use your experience, skills and personality to fill this position, please click to apply.
However if this role is not for you, but you know some who may be interested, please forward this on to them. We offer a referral scheme.
Arden White is an equal opportunities employer. If you have any specific requirements or require assistance or reasonable adjustments to be made for you during the selection process due to disability or long-term health condition, we will do our best to assist you.
Google: Motorsport Jobs Arden White