Proposition & Product Planner
With more than 36 years' experience in the food service sector, Blakemore Foodservice is a leading multi-temperature food distribution company that supplies the public sector, national account customers and independent caterers.
The business has a diverse range of nationwide customers that include public houses, restaurant chains, the leisure industry, schools and professional caterers amongst many.
In 2010 Blakemore Foodservice underwent a huge expansion programme following the launch of a second depot. The 80,000 sq ft site in Wakefield, West Yorkshire, was a clear statement of intent for the division to grow and expand its customer base across the north of the UK.
You'll focus on supporting activities that grow Blakemore's Foodservice market share, strengthen the brand in priority channels, deepen our understanding of product requirements of customers that will drive revenue and improve return on investment for all parties.
Proposition & Product Planner Responsibilities:
- To carry out market research and market analysis to support the ongoing management of the performance of product categories and the recommendation of new products within priority channels.
- To work in conjunction with Trading and Foodservice Suppliers to develop category specific plans for the Foodservice ranges.
- To complete product reviews for channel proposition and create briefs for chef.
- To assist with the setup of all information required for marketing collateral.
- To manage the approval process of new and existing products with trading and sales.
- To develop a strong working relationship with CRG in the development of the Foodservice promotional programme and product development
- Help to monitor process of new and existing products ensuring sales are in line with approved product hurdles.
- To produce telesales and selling briefs in addition to managing the promotional process and development of the Promotional brochure.
- To carry out migration of products by channel and customers ensuring that product solutions are matched to customer needs.
Proposition & Product Planner Requirements:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft programs essential and with an understanding of digital marketing desirable.
- A graduate with a marketing / food lead degree is essential as is previous experience in a similar role
- Keen and enthusiastic approach to working both in a team and independently
- Excellent communication skills and the capacity to build good working relationships with colleagues and customers
- Strong organisational and planning skills with an attention to detail
- Customer focussed and understands the importance of this to the business
- Positive attitude and flexibility in covering other roles in the department
- Demonstrates integrity, a strong work ethic and upholds the company values and principles
Location: Wednesbury WS10 9UZ
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time
Salary: Circa £22,000 - £25,000 depending on experience
Benefits: Staff Discount, Company Pension Scheme, Company Sick Pay Scheme, Additional Holidays, Long Service Awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, Life Cover, Employee Volunteering opportunities
Closing date for applications: 30th January, 2021
You may have experience of the following: Category Manager, Product Manager, Pricing Manager, Merchandiser, Merchandising, Retail Strategy, Retail Proposition, Product Planner, Product Planning, Demand Planning, Demand Planner, etc