Lead Java Developer
A Lead Java Developer is urgently required by my client, a market-leading Research and Development organisation. You will join a team of highly-qualified Developers working in a Software Engineering function and you will enjoy full responsibility for the analysis and specification of a suite of complex software solutions which form a large part of my client's product roadmap.
Lead Java Developer Role and Responsibilities:
- Overseeing software design of major Java software development features in an Agile environment
- Take the lead on design patterns and principles for software development initiatives
- Provide leadership in the design and development of software components
- Hands-on software development, helping to develop highly-complex software components and review peers' code
- Strive to improve the development process through sprint retrospectives etc
Lead Java Developer Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable experience in software design and development documentation standards and notations
- Detailed knowledge of design and development in Agile settings as part of a Scrum team
- Experience of working with cloud-based technologies (AWS, Terraform)
- Awareness of security requirements and software design implications for web and cloud-based solutions
My client is committed to a best-practice approach so part of your role will be to help to improve software design and development processes on a continuous basis. Experience of any of the following would be ideal: software design and development tooling, mobile app development (iOS, Android) , software product development tooling (Atlassian suite - Jira, Confluence, GIT) or Linux.
Essential Recruitment is a specialist Technology recruitment business with an in-depth understanding of the rapidly-changing nature of the Tech market. We build long-term relationships with our clients and candidates based on our core values of Trust, Integrity and Delivery