Project Manager - South West (Grayshott)
£40,000 plus benefits - pension
My client consult, design and deliver efficient low-carbon energy schemes that save their clients' money.
* Relevant project management experience
* Qualification in renewable energy or mechanical or electrical engineering
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Located in South West
Primary Role. To deliver projects to cost, time and quality, achieving client
satisfaction. They are an independent low carbon consulting and project management
· Designs and delivers efficient low-carbon energy schemes that help clients achieve zero
· Guides clients through a step-by-step risk-reduction process, so that they don't waste
money or time on costly mistakes or dead ends.
· Is independent, so can be truly impartial and focus on finding the right solution for each
PM Responsibilities & Tasks. The Project Manager is responsible for delivery of the low carbon
projects that arise from the step-by-step risk reduction process. The essence of the PM's job is to lead and coordinate the work of in-house staff, associate consultants and engineers, sub-contractors and suppliers to achieve a given contract to the satisfaction of the client. Tasks include:
· Managing all stakeholders throughout the whole project lifecycle.
· Drafting invitations to tender (ITT), ready for running tender exercises to select sub-
contractors and suppliers for a project.
· Managing the tender and evaluation processes. Reporting to the client on the result of
the tender exercise.
· Ensuring required contracts are put in place with client, sub-contractors, suppliers and if
necessary, finance providers (number/types will depend on nature of project).
· Drafting project programme and payment schedule.
· Ensuring Health and Safety requirements and regulations are met, particularly
Construction (Design & Management) (CDM) regulations for notifiable projects
· Managing the delivery of the projects (this is not a site-manager role).
· Ensuring projects are completed to meet specified requirements and any outstanding
tasks are closed.
· Confirming all project documentation is produced and training and support is arranged
for the client on new equipment.
· Supporting clients with the application for government subsidies and any grants (has to
be submitted by client but requires input and guidance from us, or from a sub-contractor).
· Organising internal project-related housekeeping such as correct online filing of all
project documents and timely submission of invoices.
· Producing a lessons learned report and engagement in resultant company process
· Presentation of technical options and solutions to clients.
· Identification of further opportunities with existing project clients.
· Capability review of potential and existing suppliers and sub-contractors.
· Continuous analysis of renewables/low-carbon technologies and other energy efficiency
measures, including costs and potential subsidies, to ensure that we are offering our
markets the best options and are prepared for new options as they become viable.
· Demonstrable management experience. This is not a role for a newly qualified graduate.
· Energetic and capable of operating on own initiative and driving events.
· Logical and pragmatic with a practical bent,
· Confidence in dealing with people at all levels including senior client representatives.
· Technically competent. Probably an engineering graduate. However, the role includes
the management of engineers in the practical application of technologies rather than
engineering. The key to success is to be confident in a technical project environment
rather than necessarily being a master of the technology.
· Excellent communications skills, including the ability to write clear, logical English and
liaise confidently and succinctly with clients.
· Financially and commercially aware.
· Competent with IT and fully conversant with common packages such as Microsoft 365
and basic project management tools.
· Ability to drive to client sites.
· Relevant project management experience.
· Commercial / business experience.
· Knowledge of the renewables market and associated technologies. Ideally with a
qualification in renewable, mechanical or electrical engineering.
· Experience of ground source heat pump systems.
· Based in the South, ideally to the West of Grayshott.
· Salary and benefits: £40k plus package depending on qualifications and experience.
· Role will require some office based work, some client site based work and the option of
some working from home.
· The right candidate will receive support in project management practices, relevant
technologies, finance and commercial aspects and CDM, if required.
· Competitive salary based on experience
· Company vehicle
· Pension (optional)
· Further training and development opportunities
· Accommodation may be available to the right candidate
If you would like any more information and would like to discuss further please don't hesitate in contacting James Dawson - Director - on (phone number removed) / (phone number removed)