Are you a Software Test Engineer with experience in software integration testing of compiled languages in a Linux environment?
Would you like to contribute to world-beating software in household name products in smart homes, automotive, and communications, as well as products that make a genuine difference to peoples' lives?
If so, this could be the role for you.
Our client is a grade-A start-up with excellent commercial viability. A leadership team with proven experience in scaling up start-ups, a unique world-beating product, a strong list of global clients, and an employee-focused mentality that has seen them attract one of the best engineering teams in Cambridge. It is no surprise that they have 2 years' of funding, with expectations of revenue generation in that time, and investors who are willing to add further still.You will:
- Write tests for all our client's software, from APIs to Software Development Kits
- Develop and maintain automated test suites and frameworks from the ground up
- Create test setups on a range of hardware (note you will NOT be testing hardware) from embedded CPUs, to mobile devices, to audio equipment, and more
- Configure CI infrastructure
- Document test procedures and bug reports
The ideal candidate will be keen on startup life. A hard-working, yet flexible and positive atmosphere that fosters an environment of creation. You will be willing to step outside of your comfort zone in a fast-paced environment, at times learning new skills very quickly.What makes our client stand out?
What you will get is a flexible employer with a progressive attitude and one of the most positive working environments you have experienced. You will also be provided with share options so you can see the benefit of your success and excellent career progression opportunities.
35 hours a week, which are relaxed and flexible with core hours to ensure team collaboration and meetings can take place effectively. Short term you will work remotely. Long term you will have a 50/50 split between home and office.Requirements for application:
- Software Testing experience
- Testing experience in a commercial environment
- Python for test automation
- Experience with a compiled language such as C or C++
- Experience in a Linux environment
- Computer Science background
- An interest in audio, or experience of testing audio
- Scalable cloud technologies, Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- Android, Raspberry Pi, embedded boards or other software testing on hardware devices
An incredible opportunity for the right person, so please do pass this on to anyone you know who may suit it.