Brewster Partners are working with a Grimsby based manufacturing business operating within the Oil and Gas sector as they look to strengthen their technical department with the appointment of a Senior Engineer.
The main function of the role is the development of the range of products offered to help meet company targets for growth and profitability, together with the provision of general technical support for day to day manufacturing and commercial activitiesTHE JOB:
Working as part of the Design and Development team within the Technical department, the role will include:
- Seek out new processes and materials to improve the quality and reliability of company products.
- Provide design services for continual improvement of existing products and innovative development of new products.
- Act as Project Manager for new products from concept to commercial realisation, prototype programs and expedition of specific orders.
- Provide technical services for timely progress of all received orders.
- Carry out finite element analysis (FEA).
- Carry out product testing and evaluation in a customer focused R&D environment.
- Resolve issues related to materials supply and manufacture.
- Provide client support from office base, with occasional visits to client site.
- Prepare technical reports and deliver technical presentations.
To be considered for this role, the business are looking for someone with:
- Degree in an engineering discipline
- Good understanding of engineering design principles and proven experience of translating theory into practice
- It would be beneficial to have experience in non-linear FEA, knowledge of textiles and elastomers, and have conducted fatigue related studies
- Good communication skills are essential as the role will involve overseas travel and face to face discussions with our clients.
- The ideal candidate will be expected to cope with a range of responsibilities including detailed product design, systems analysis, preparing technical reports and managing research and development projects.
The company will offer a range of benefits including a competitive basic salary and private medical insurance.
Brewster Partners Office Support & Technical Recruitment is a division of the Brewster Partners Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talent in administration, business support, HR, sales, marketing and purchasing in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire and the Midlands. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of office support and technical recruitment we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at Brewster Partners for more information.