Senior Information Rights Manager - Operations£38,969 per annum (plus London allowances if based in London)UK Research & Innovation, Swindon or LondonOpen Ended
We are seeking a Senior Information Rights Manager to help manage, coordinate and provide expert advice so UKRI can meet its legal obligations under data protection legislation.
You will lead on building and maintaining relationship management with one or more Councils, or Central Services. You will provide a link at management level between the Councils or Central Services and the Information Rights Operations team.
You will be a subject matter expert in the field of Data Protection and provide quality advice across the business. You will assess data protection risk and conduct DPIAs where required whilst also coordinating and responding to data rights requests. You will manage complex and/or reputational issues and requests and deal with escalations from the Information Rights Managers. You will handle data subject rights complaints and ICO referrals.
You will be required to work collaboratively across the team and coach more junior staff where necessary.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Sound understanding of data protection legislation in practice.
- Relevant experience in a data protection role.
- Delivered training either one-to-one or to groups.
- Evidence of communicating with the public.
- Negotiation, influencing and persuasion skills.
- Experience of representing the views and requirements of the business in external fora.
- Solid research skills, including information analysis and management.
- Ability to co-ordinate projects and multiple work areas, delivery to often very short deadlines.
Choosing to come to work at UKRI means that you will have access to a whole host of benefits including a flexible working scheme, a Career Average Revalued Earnings pension scheme, 30 days annual leave allowance, access to employee shopping/travel discounts and salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme.
Applications are handled by UK SBS; to apply please click the apply button.
The closing date for applications is 15th January 2021. The interview date is TBC.