Our client, a leading independent Oil & Gas operator, based in Norwich, is currently seeking an experienced Accounts Payable Clerk to join their team for an initial 12-month contract.
This is a great opportunity for a self-motivated individual to continue a career within a busy finance department.
Reporting to the Treasury and Accounts Payable Team Leader, this position will be an integral part of the team which currently processes high volumes of invoices, in excess of 40,000 per year. You will have responsibility for ensuring that invoices are processed and paid in compliance with agreed terms and conditions. Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring invoices are processed in compliance with agreed terms and conditions
- Processing of invoices and credit notes for both goods received invoices and complex service invoices
- Responsibility for ensuring correct coding of service invoices
- To take ownership of own large contract invoices, meeting with key vendors to improve and maintain good working relationships
- Processing of staff expenses
- Dealing with supplier queries either by phone, written correspondence or in person
- Liaising with the procurement team as necessary to resolve issues
- Liaising with other internal departments to ensure processes are followed and queries reduced
- Completing supplier statement reconciliations
As the Accounts Payable Clerk, you will have a detailed knowledge of accounts payable function, and will have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel.
You will ideally have a knowledge of SAP accounting package and will have the ability to deal with vendor calls in a professional and constructive manner. You will have excellent communication skills with the ability to build working relationships and will work well under pressure in a busy environment.
For further details of this exciting opportunity please forward a copy of your CV today!
Todd Hayes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Due to the large number of applications we receive I'm afraid we are unable to respond to everyone individually however your details will remain on file should another suitable opportunity become available moving forward.
If we can take your application further, we will of course be in touch.
Todd Hayes is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Todd Hayes Ltd