I am looking for a platform manager/DevOps manager/engineering manager for a really existing business based in Manchester. This is a business at the forefront of new technology and is really making huge strides in bio-medicine.
This is a super exciting time to be joining this business, coming away from a recent venture backed investment round and moving into another round of investment in the next 12-18 months!
Please note - Candidates MUST have pharma/biotech/bio-medicine/clinical discovery industry experience to be considered for this role.
I am looking for an exceptional individual to head up the platform development and become a key figure in the businesses growth.
- Be responsible for the long-term vision of the infrastructure.
- Be engaged in the day to day operations of the platform and work closely with the product manager to ensure customer and user requirements are actualised within the platform.
- Lead a talented team of data scientists, back-and front-end engineers to build and maintain a data platform, API and web application, as well as facilitating the provision of data for our professional services work.
- Be engaged in continuous infrastructure analysis, optimization and consolidation, following the addition of new features.
- Supervise and be engaged in the implementation of CI/CD pipelines for multiple systems across our platform.
- Be engaged in automated infrastructure provisioning and post provisioning automation using Terraform.
- Be engaged in data engineering practices, continuously optimizing our data pipelines and data warehousing practices.
- Oversee and be engaged in efficient development operations that balance service reliability and delivery speeds.
Key skills and experience:
- Be a driver of DevOps culture, setting best practices across the company.
- Proven track record of at least 7 years professional software delivery with extensive knowledge of software development lifecycle, having built and maintained complex pipelines in various enterprise-level CI and CD software.
- Extensive experience with Linux, Python, Java, and Bash.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform and overseeing operations of a cloud computing platform.
- Supervising and training junior members of staff, setting best practices, fostering a healthy workplace environment and culture.
Other experience required:
- Working with the senior management team to continue the company's growth.
- Experience with container and container orchestration technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform, Garden and having designed and implemented Kubernetes-native applications.
- Experience with maintaining database and data warehouse technologies. Extensive knowledge of data engineering, such as setting up data pipelines in GCP Dataflow/Dataproc and working with data warehouses such as BigQuery. Familiarity with beam jobs.
- Highly skilled in Infrastructure as Code practices, including infrastructure testing and immutable infrastructure.
- Serious about automation, building single sources of truth and removing single points of failure.
- An eye for up-and-coming technologies and best practices.
- Background or strong interest in biological sciences. Knowledge of BioData problems pharmaceutical and biomedical research companies face.
- Mature platform and technology set-up with a highly competent technical team in place
- Fully remote, with the ability to work from home according to your schedule
- Share options and competitive salary
- Highly motivating work, with the ability to help world leading pharmaceutical and biomedical research companies developing the innovations and treatments of the future.
- Be a key figurehead in a venture backed company with an accelerating growth rate and global traction.