Role: Collections Team Leader - Motor Finance
Location: Thames Valley
Our client, a major consumer financing business within motor finance, is recruiting a Collections Team Leader to join the team. The main purpose of the role is to manage the full arrears function from inception to completion.
The Collections Team Leader will be responsible for managing team individuals and their workloads, ensuring that all procedures are fully adhered to. By applying communication, negotiation, customer service and collection skills, the team leverages leases collateral into payments. Bringing arrears accounts up to date allows our client to achieve monetary goals and assists customers to ensure a solid credit history. The Collections Team Leader is also responsible for the effective management of their third-party providers post-termination.
Skills & experiences required:
- 2/3 years previous collections and/or recoveries experience in a call centre environment essential
- Analytical and objective thinker
- Capable of developing coherent and actionable plans in order to implement key collections goals and objectives
- Thoroughly understands the Collections and Repossessions practices and procedures
- Confident in making commercial decisions
- Able to communicate clearly and accurately in the written and spoken medium from staff to director level
- Excellent negotiation/objection handling, problem solving and organisational skills
- Understands how to read management information reporting (e.g., trends, "what is behind the numbers", etc.)
- Understands work flow and work queue management
- Excels at "managing" difficult third parties that are in possession of FCA AS vehicles
This is a great opportunity for someone with 'hands on' motor finance collections experience looking for a supervisory/team leader role. As well as a highly competitive salary they have an excellent benefits package which includes a generous car package, pension, family BUPA cover and bonus.