Our client Scottish Power are seeking a Reporting Accountant for an approx 12 month contract opportunity.
As Energy Networks Reporting Accountant, you will support and contribute to the delivery of all key reporting processes (monthly reported results, KPI pack, quarterly forecasts and annual budgets) and ensure that all key stakeholders have a clear understanding of the performance of the business in both financial and non-financial terms, by providing comprehensive analysis and commentary.
* Working closely with the Business Performance teams and Networks Business to provide comprehensive analysis of all financial and non-financial business performance with specific responsibility for the following:
* Support and contribute to the consolidation of actual results, challenge trends and understand and explain the impact on business targets and objectives
* Support and contribute to the consolidation of the monthly reported results and produce the business KPI pack with the level of supporting analysis and commentary required to effectively explain business performance
* Support and contribute to the consolidation, co-ordination, challenge and submission of business budgets and quarterly forecasts in line with IBE timescales, with the level of supporting analysis and commentary required to effectively explain business performance
* Ensure that performance against budget and forecast is tightly monitored with all variances fully explained such that performance can be clearly to all stekeholders.
* Monitor and challenge financial and non-financial performance to ensure progress toward business objectives and key performance indicators is clearly reported.
* Promote effective cash management and suggest improvements to working capital controls throughout the business
* Build effective relationships with the Regulatory and Commercial department to gain an understanding of gross margins performance and the impact of UK Regulatory environment upon business performance and objectives
* Build effective relationships with all key stakeholders within Control and across the business
* Contribute to a positive team environment within own team and suggest process improvements where applicable
* Provide ad-hoc support to stakeholders within Control and the wider business as required
* Liaise with stakeholders within the business to ensure that expectations are met with regard to submission of Energy Networks results
* Ensure that reporting controls are maintained and ensure that all processes and procedures are in line with Group policies and that documentation is kept up to date
* Support the Reporting Manager and peers within the Business Performance team as required
Skills Knowledge & Experience
* Qualified accountant with experience of working in a reporting role within Control
* Able to work effectively as part of a small team
* Understanding and experience of relevant IT applications / systems including SAP, BPC, Powerpoint & Excel
* Demonstrates excellent communication skills at all levels - verbal and written
* Effective influencing, organisational and analytical skills
* Understanding of requirements of the control environment and ability to apply these to working practices
* Commercially aware, delivery focused and self-motivated individual
* Extensive knowledge of key financial, commercial and associated policies and procedures
* Qualified Accountant or a candidate who is studying towards a professional qualification.
* Highly motivated self-starter with strong numerical and analytical skills