We are on the market for a DevOps Engineer / Deployment Engineer
for this market leading, global technology company.
This is a great opportunity to join this growing team and support the company's growth. We are looking for proactive, can-do, team focused individuals, who enjoy working in Agile teams.
The role fits in the Product Delivery team, within the global Technology function, working to ensure the delivery of a world-class experience for all customers globally.What you will do...
To enable you to be successful, we are looking for...Essential Skills:
- Work with Product Delivery squads to implement, enhance and manage continuous integration practices
- Work Product Delivery squads to design release and deployment pipelines; and hold responsibility for the management, delivery and improvement of deployments into production.
- Support the automated deployment of infrastructure into cloud platforms.
- Take a leading role in the design, integration and implementation of monitoring tools for GBG platforms, seeking continual improvement and ensuring effective transition into Operational Support.
- Be the point of expertise, escalation and authority in the use of tooling for delivery and operations usage.
- Use your development skills and design new processes and procedures for tooling integration with application and cloud infrastructure.
- Liaise closely with other Product Delivery Centres of Excellence and Operational Support to design, build and implement operability and supportability of production best practice for production systems.
- Provide a best in class 3rd Line support for strategic core platforms, optimising performance and reliability.
- Share your personal knowledge and experience to uplift skills and competencies of team members and colleagues in your expert area.
- Proactively identify trends to address problems before they become incidents.
- Continually develop skills, competencies and knowledge to support your personal development and actively participate in setting and achieving performance objectives for self, team and technology.
- Experience working in a DevOps culture, understanding importance of business drivers and use of tooling to deliver value work streams
- Proven experience supporting Cloud based solutions (technology agnostic, Google Cloud and AWS preferred)
- Proven design experience implementing tools and processes, specifically relating to monitoring and distributed tracing.
- Excellent knowledge and proven experience implementing continuous integration, continuous deployment and integrating application monitoring tools
- Experience with containerisation and/or serverless components(Kubernetes strongly preferred) or the ability to demonstrate a deep understanding supporting and monitoring 1000's of service components.
- Experience of APM/Monitoring tools i.e. InfluxDB and Prometheus
- Experience with distributed tracing tools, i.e. OpenTracing, Zipkin
- Experience with Continuous Integration Toolinge. GitLab, Jenkins TeamCity
- Experience with of Release and Deployment Tooling (such as Spinnaker, Harness.io, Azure Devops or Octopus)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code and configuration management tools (such as Chef, Terraform, Saltstack)
- Strong scripting skills and/or experience of code languages (such as Bash, Powershell, Python)
- Familiarity with administrating relational databases and NoSQL
- A good understanding of common Operating Systemse. Windows server, Linux(Ubuntu)
- Ability to work to deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent collaborative and communication skills
This role will require you to be onsite working with the team 2 - 3 days per week, once normal working practices resume (fully remote to start)
- Experience of Agile delivery working practices.
If you are an ambitious DevOps / Deployment engineer, apply today - I look forward to talking you through the role in more detail.