Senior Care WorkerLocation:
The Fairway, Green Lane, Highlands, Oxhey, Hertfordshire WD19 4LX Salary Range:
£20,903 up to £25,481 (£10.83 - £13.20) depending on experience plus Market Forces Payment £1300 pro rata (non contractual)* subject to criteriaHours:
37 hours per week and flexible hours available Contract:
Fixed Term Contract until 1st September 2021Job Duties:- THIS POSITION WILL INCLUDE WEEKEND WORKING AND SHIFT WORK PATTERNS -
Fairways care home was recently re-opened as a response to Covid-19 to help ease pressure on local NHS hospitals. On a typical day, we care for people that have tested positive for Covid-19, who are ready to leave hospital but not quite ready to return home. Every effort will be put in place to safeguard both staff and residents during this difficult time. In return, we'll give you all the training, support and development opportunities you need to make the most of this rewarding role and achieve your individual career goals, through our industry leading training and employee welfare programmes.
Nearest Bus Stop: Oaklands Avenue - Bus Routes 8, 833, R16 & R17About the job:
- To support service users, in line with their support plans, including people with physical needs to maximise and maintain their independence.
Promote good practice, undertake medication duties, including administration and recording
- To be responsible for handling of service users finances in line with support plans.
- Support service users to maintain their home environment
- Participate in improving the quality of service experienced by the people we support.
*This is a rolling advert and candidates will be contacted as and when they apply*What we can offer you:
- The ability to reflect on your own experiences and practice to build professional relationships with service users, family carers and other agencies in order to understand the needs and rights of disabled adults.
- Confident in the use of a computer to organise and record information clearly and accurately.
- Always aware of risks and how they can be minimised ensuring the health and safety of colleagues and the people you support.
- Experience of supporting people with learning and physical disabilities and have gained NVQ/QCF level 2 qualification or equivalent or be willing to work towards an RQF level 3.
Benefits of Working for HCC:
- A varied and stimulating range of work and the opportunity to join a highly regarded team committed to continuously improving and delivering exciting innovative opportunities.
- We are committed to developing and offering ongoing support, including the opportunity to work towards your RQF qualifications.
- Flexible Working Arrangements (depending on the role)
- Excellent Career Development
- Salary Exchange for Additional Benefits
- Excellent Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
- Shopping Discounts
- Support Groups & Wellbeing Schemes
This role has been identified as requiring a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check. Disability Confident:
We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer and guarantee an interview to anyone disclosing a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.Diversity:
We are an inclusive employer and value a diverse workforce