Slater and Gordon are a leading consumer law firm and our mission is to give people easier access to world class legal services. The firm provides specialist legal and complementary services in a broad range of areas and our clients are the centre of it all
We are looking for a proactive Solicitor to join a specialist children team, and this presents an exciting opportunity for Family lawyers with experience of both Private and Public proceedings to join our leading Law firm.
At Slater and Gordon Lawyers (UK) we are inclusive. We celebrate multiple approaches and points of view. We believe diversity drives innovation. So, we're building a culture where difference is valued. Our culture motivates our employees to give their full selves to the job and invest in the company's future. Our people see value in their work and are eager to do well in their roles. Our values ensure that all our employees are working towards the same goals.
Client service is at the heart of Slater and Gordon's business: We take pride in the quality of instructions we secure and the unfailing support we provide to our clients. You'll need talent, ambition, focus and drive. We'll also need you to have fantastic organisational skills and attention to detail.Responsibilities to include.
- Providing the highest level of client care in the management of client matters
- Overseeing all the financial aspects of matters including time recording, billing and debtor management in order to achieve your personal fee budget.
- Building relationships with internal and external parties
- Ensuring that files are managed effectively, meeting set deadlines, complying with precedents, letters or documents on the case management system.
- Where required you will also delegate work to more junior fee earners and legal support staff to ensure work is completed in a timely manner and court, or other, deadlines are adhered to.
- Participating, with other senior fee earners in marketing activities including networking
What we offer in return:
- Training within the area of Family Law and a solidunderstanding of Family matters.
- Someone with good commercial awareness
- In terms of the key competencies that are required in this role, we are looking for someone who is proactive and who has the ability to organise and prioritise their workload effectively
- Finally, you must have excellent communication skills and the ability to build and maintain good working relationships.
We offer a flexible agile working environment, alongside a competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday allowance plus the option to purchase an extra 5 days, pension scheme, health cash plan, life assurance and income protection insurance. The opportunity to develop a rewarding and successful career with an award- winning law firm.