Job Description Summary
Responsible for testing, configuration management and the release of incremental versions of application projects.
We're supporting our clients as they adapt to a new world in the wake of COVID-19. We're now recruiting for roles which will help our clients to deliver vital services and to resume business wherever possible. Help strengthen our DevOps Team as a DevOps Engineer. Role is home based. If based near Reading or Bury St Edmunds that would be ideal.
As a DevOps engineer you will be joining a growing team, supporting multiple programmes, clients and businesses within Capita. You will primarily work with Microsoft technologies across both on-prem and Azure PaaS/SaaS environments, supporting Live Services, projects and programmes.
You will be experienced in managing build and deployment processes, integrating solution components, test automation frameworks and code quality tools. You will collaborate with Architect, DBA, Live Service, Information Security, Development and Test Teams in order to provision and support the efficient and effective delivery of high-quality software.
Outcome?focused?and able to make tactical decisions within?your?area of discretion, you will be adept at re-prioritising based on changing conditions on the ground. An? effective influencer of colleagues, with the emotional intelligence to match the intellectual skills required to ensure the consistent application of Capita standards.What you'll be doing:
What we're looking for:
- Delivering high quality solutions to our customers and internal stakeholders.
- Working with contemporary development practices (e.g. Scrum, BDD) and tools (e.g. Jenkins, GIT);
- Collaborating with Architects and Developers to build and deploy new versions of applications to managed environments
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation relating to DevOps frameworks
- Progressing the technologies, tools and techniques used within the DevOps team
- Identifying technical risks and communicating these to the Development Manager
- Providing technical input into bid submissions
- Extensive experience with Microsoft technologies
- Deploying Microsoft Dynamics 2016 and/or 365
- Knowledge of Microsoft web services
- Experience or knowledge with Azure PaaS & SaaS and On-Prem environments
- Chef/Terraform experience
- Sound working knowledge of GIT (or similar source control system)
- Sound scripting skills (PowerShell, Bash or similar)
- Building, deploying, profiling, monitoring and troubleshooting applications
- Experience of clearly communicating technical/system information to audiences with technical and non-technical backgrounds
- Able to gain
Capita Plc, a leading UK provider of technology enabled business services. We're supporting and improving the lives of millions of people every day and we can only do this with the right people in place, working towards a shared goal. We work across such a huge range of businesses and sectors, that you'll have the opportunity to grow and develop your career in any number of directions.What's in it for you?
- A competitive salary
- 23 days' holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
- Company matched pension, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave and plenty more
You'll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You'll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that.What we hope you'll do next:
Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you. Any questions please contact Mercy at:
We're an equal opportunity employer, which means we'll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic.
All interviews, assessments and background checks will continue to take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact. All Capita colleagues who can work from home should do so; and where it is not possible for colleagues to work remotely, we have taken important steps to protect those working from Capita's offices. Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place at all Capita locations that are open to protect our colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19. The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we're doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time