Are you a highly experienced Senior Server Engineer ?
Are you a specialist on Microsoft environments with strong Cluster and Virtualisation skills ?
If so I have a fantastic role for you with my client who is a market leading provider of outsourced contact center services and software solutions for several the world's most successful brands.
**Initially working from home and then when restrictions change my clients Sunderland location**
In this role you will plan, implement, oversee and maintain server and network infrastructures and projects.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Design, install and configure internal and customer facing server infrastructure
- Proactively manage and maintain server environments including a large RDS, SAN and Application stack
- Experience managing Microsoft server clusters
- Administer and support core Microsoft, Cisco, Citrix and VMware technologies
- Assist with the development and implementation of project plans, risk assessments and contingency plans
- Define and document best practices and support procedures
- Provide after-hours support for Infrastructure related emergencies as well occasional weekend maintenance
- Maintain inventory and asset configuration documentation
- Assist with hardware, firewall, telecoms and software vendor evaluation, recommendation and negotiations
- Mentor / cross train team members on existing and new server technologies
Your experience should include:
- Microsoft Certification (MCSE) or equivalent certification in relevant programs desired.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Server (2012/2016/2019) /desktop Operating Systems (Win 7/10)
- Managing in excess of large (100+ Physical/Virtual) Windows Server infrastructure
- Managing deployments/rollouts
- Managing server virtualization technologies like Hyper-V or VMWare Server/ESX
- A solid understanding of LAN/WAN networking
- Group Policy design and configuration
- Microsoft IIS administration and configuration
- Migration of Exchange 2010 to 365
- Active Directory/LDAP user and group administration
- Ability to troubleshoot network issues including back bone infrastructure issues
- Knowledge of LAN Routing and Switching design, configuration and troubleshooting (VLANs, IP Subnetting, 802.1Q trunks)
For more information get in touch asap.