Technical Engineer x2
£25,000 - £28,000
A well-established and successful manufacturer, this company is recognised as the market-leading brand within the industry and has a reputation for quality and innovation that is supported by its excellent technical team. They are currently looking to strengthen the technical specifications department by making this key appointment.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Prepare accurate, competitive and detailed technical quotes based on information received
- Deliver quotes within set timescales to maintain company's customer service targets.
- Prepare load assessments and load calculations based on the analysis of architects and structural engineers' drawings.
- Specify standard off-the-shelf products, and also custom-made items designed specifically for relevant projects.
- Prepare calculations at the customer's request to satisfy building control authority.
- Issue confirmation drawings for the customer's approval for special orders received.
- Answer technical phone queries, whilst serving the customer with the highest level of technical and customer service.
- Periodic office and site visits to develop customer relationships and to measure up/solve technical issues.
- Collate information and prepare clear and structured technical reports on findings from site
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Ideally a 2:1 Degree, or above, from Engineering-related discipline e.g. Building Engineering/Civil Engineering/Structural engineering
- Experience in a similar role
- Knowledge and experience of AutoCAD and Manufacturing drawings
- £25,000 - £28,000 depending on experience
- Opportunities for technical advancement
- Excellent training programmes, weekly workshops under senior engineers
- Plus further benefits such as Bike to work scheme, Company events, Employee discount, Gym membership and more.
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK.
If you are interested in this role or looking for something similar please contact our Managing Consultant, Sam Paynter directly at or call him for a confidential discussion on .
Hunter Selection is a nationwide provider of recruitment services in ENGINEERING, MANUFACTURING, SERVICE & TECHNOLOGY. Find out more about us and search all our current vacancies at hunterselection.co.uk