As an Information Analyst you will take a lead role in developing new data extracts and data feeds into existing or new Trust Information Systems. You will work as part of the team to maintain existing data extract processes from operational system which populate the Trust Data Warehouse, ensuring clear and accurate documentation covering all processes is in place and supplemented with routine data integrity audit and checking procedures.Client Details
My London based client is a national centre of excellence in the provision of specialist children's health care, currently delivering the widest range of specialist care of any children's hospital in the UK.Description
My client - a London based medical and nursing children's health-care specialist is looking for an Information Analyst to engage in the following:
- Act as the lead technical specialist on the design, development, documentation, implementation and maintenance of the Trust Data Warehouse.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with staff throughout the Trust, both technical & non-technical to understand their information requirements and ensure that every effort is made to meet those requirements.
- In conjunction with the Information Management team, ensure all development activities are undertaken within the approved quality assurance framework.
- Take a leading role in the systematic review, monitoring and improvement of data integrity through automated validation processes.
- Be responsible for supplying accurate and timely data feeds to all approved recipients of data from the Trust Data Warehouse.
- Play an active role in the direction and strategy of the Trusts Information Systems.
- Diagnose and investigate technical problems methodically, applying appropriate tests and gathering sufficient information to enable the delivery of robust solutions.
- Work closely with systems mangers throughout the Trust to ensure any changes to operational systems are reflected in existing data flows.
- Ensure that all users of data from the Data Warehouse are kept informed of any changes in format or content. This will include personnel within and outside of the Information Services Department.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with all existing and potential Data Warehouse users to understand their data requirements and provide help, guidance and suitable solutions as required.
- Be proactive in ensuring Information Systems are prepared for changes in local and national guidelines.
- Be part of the sub-group to analyse and deliver ad-hoc reporting requests and assist in the delivery of these as standard outputs where required.
- Act as the technical advisor within the Information Services team on Data Warehouse content and availability.
- Manage work-streams as part of the development and implementation of new information systems and infrastructures where appropriate.
- Design and develop information flows using the most effective combinations of data sets, analytical techniques and querying methods. This will require advanced problem solving skills, the ability to evaluate different options and make decisions on what will yield best results in terms of outputs, usability and presentation. There will rarely be a precedent to follow hence the ability to think creatively and innovatively is essential.
- Act as mentor to less experienced members of the Data Management & Integrity team.
To be considered for the Information Analyst role at my client's site in London the candidate must present evidence of the following:
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong SQL and SQL Server (or equivalent) skills
- Expert SSRS and SSIS skills
- Expert skill level in all MS Office Professional Products (notably Excel & Access)
- Expert with an industry standard Business Intelligence reporting tool (Qlikview preferred)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (both written & verbal)
- Ability to work with non-technical users to create specifications for data interfaces with Trust Information Systems
- Strong analytical and mathematical reasoning skills
- Ability to work as a team member, team leader and on own initiative
Knowledge and Experience:
- Expert knowledge of NHS Commissioning and Payment by Results including a proven track record of SUS & SLAM output development
- Demonstrable experience in delivering all aspects of a data integration project
- Development and implementation of information solutions in a complex organisation
- In depth experience of managing large volumes of data within corporate relational database systems
- Production of information/reports to assure data integrity
- Relational database design
- Minimal travel required - role predominately remote
- Competitive day rate