Hydraulics Technical Specialist sought by global market sector leading business which designs and manufactures niche purpose off road vehicles.
The Hydraulics Technical Specialist will work closely with the new product design teams engaged on the products' hydraulic power transmission system, refining existing products with new hydraulic technology.
Key duties include of the Hydraulics Engineer will include:
- Ensuring that all designs meet technical, performance, reliability and cost targets as identified by a Senior Engineer or the Engineering Manager.
- Producing and maintaining all hydraulic component drawings, Hydraulic Schematics, Bill of Material records, outline assembly instructions and Technical Publications consistent with the Engineering Change process and as guided by senior engineering staff.
- Ensuring that all systems and new components are tested and approved in accordance with Supplier Application Approval requirements so as to be reliable and durable throughout the product life and can be installed both efficiently and cost effectively through liaison with Manufacturing staff, incorporating mistake proofing or visual guidelines if miss-builds are possible.
- Utilising best practice reference documents and standard in-house components where at all possible. Liaise with other Engineers and departments when implementing new principles.
- Reading, understanding and incorporating requirements of standards and directives relevant to the product under development.
- Assisting in the development of test regimes to validate design elements of a project.
- Liaising with all levels within the business and with relevant Suppliers, Distributors, Dealers and End Users.
- Ordering of prototype parts and materials as guided by the Senior Engineer or Engineering Manager.
Applicants for this key post should be Degree (or equivalent) qualified in an engineering discipline and have good depth of knowledge of hydraulics systems acquired through working on products such as off road vehicles/equipment/machinery which have mobile applications such as lifting, digging, excavating, dredging etc.