We are urgently seeking an experienced and skilled Senior Category Manager
to lead the delivery of commercial supplies, service and works contracts to ensure to support for one of our local government clients based in Oxford.
The Senior Category Manager
will develop and lead a new procurement strategy that will drive good business through both Teckal and Non- Teckal companies.
They will support the whole life cycle of procurement and proactively lead, manage and deliver new supply contracts using the most appropriate routes to market that consider resilience and visibility of supply chains that may or may not be subject PCR2015
Ideal candidates will demonstrate the following:
Please apply for further information
- MUST hold full MCIPS
- Experience of leading procurement activities in both the public and private sector
- Knowledge of JCT and NEC contracts and relevant use
- Proven experience and knowledge of the Public Procurement Regulations, EU tendering and commercial procurement
- Relevant recent experience of leading a procurement team in either the public sector or large commercial organisation
- Recent relevant experience of leading on large complex tenders , including specification drafting
- Experience of managing procurement activities in either construction, FM, waste
- A track record of delivering and improving outcomes through demonstrating a commercial approach to procurement , working with multiple stakeholders
- Recent relevant experience of developing category plans
GPR is fully committed to the elimination of unlawful and unfair discrimination and values the differences that a diverse workforce brings to organisations. GPR will not discriminate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. GPR will not discriminate because of any other irrelevant factor and will build a culture that values meritocracy, openness, fairness and transparency.