Our client is one of the biggest global consultancy and delivers solutions which help to protect and enhance the connected world. Their solutions combine large scale data exploitation, 'intelligence-grade' security and complex services and solutions integration. We operate in four key domains of expertise: Cyber Security, Financial Crime prevention, Communications Intelligence and Digital Transformation.
The labs are the research and technology arm of their business. In partnership with the other businesses and educational establishments with whom they work, they innovate and develop to transform aspiration and vision into engineered reality.
They provide research & development, consultancy, specialist manufacturing and technical services for the group. Additionally, their expertise helps the UK MoD, US Department of Defence, European Defence Agency, UK Sport, universities and other leading innovative organisations to achieve their goals.
We are looking for bright, enthusiastic and committed individuals to work as DSP-FPGA developers in one of their software defined radio development teams. Relevant industry experience is preferable but most of all we are looking for bright, enthusiastic and committed individuals with a strong academic background and the ability to learn quickly.In this role you will:
What we are looking for... (Skills and Experience)Essential:
- Take the technical lead on projects including the direction of more junior staff
- Develop new business opportunities and timely generation of high quality, well planned and innovative bids with an acceptable level of risk
- Develop & maintain key business relationships with internal and external customers, suppliers and external institutions to support new business and awareness of the state-of-the-art
- Work with bright, enthusiastic and committed people in one of our small client-focussed engineering teams.
- Scope, plan and be responsible for delivering innovative solutions to agreed timescales.
- Have a strong interest in expanding technical knowledge both in areas of core expertise and more generally.
- Ensure that all projects are undertaken in line with AI processes and governance
- Highly motivated with a strong academic background in Engineering, Physics or Mathematics
- Solid grounding in engineering with typically strong experience in an engineering or technology based environment
- Prior responsibility for technical delivery of multi-disciplinary projects
- Broad interest in wireless technology and awareness of latest industry developments.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organised in a dynamic work environment
- Excellent team working abilities
- Ability to learn quickly
- Experience of FPGA development (eg VHDL).
- Understanding of radio communications
- Understanding of digital signal processing
- Range of other development skills, including one or more of the following: embedded software (C), C++, Java, JSP.
- Understanding of digital and/or analogue hardware design with some hands-on laboratory experience of debug/set-to-work.
Occasional travel may be required in this role to visit customer sites for demonstrations, installations, handovers or reviews.
An SC level security clearance is required for this role, and candidates should already have, or be capable of obtaining UK SC clearance (British citizen and at least 5 years continuous residency in the UK).