Our client is a principal contractor supporting and providing engineering resource for over 35 years. On their behalf we are recruiting for experienced Team Managers.
The Team Manager will be responsible for managing a team of installation technicians in accordance with agreed business plans.
In your role you will be responsible for:
* To effectively manage a communications installation team; providing first-line support to both technicians and customer base; ensuring work is completed in a timely and professional manner - exceeding both client and customer expectations; liaising with various departmental associates to achieve customer satisfaction and installation completion.
* To develop a communications installation team through effective performance management measures; to create and nurture team motivation; to provide support and assistance - identifying development and technical training requirements as required; ensuring team and personal improvement and competence; coaching, mentoring and disciplining.
* To ensure the delivery of cost effective performance in line with quality standards; ensure training requirements, issues and challenges are communicated and resolved in an effective, commercial and constructive manner - in line with legal, client and company policy; to maintain records of company plant and equipment and monitor calibration, damage and loss, in line with company policy.
* Provide a customer focussed, regionally aware unit concentrating on field excellence and industry obligation.
Scope and Scale:
* Responsible for company fleet, plant, equipment and tooling through daily / weekly / monthly inspections, and the documentation of the aforementioned.
* Responsible for the development of a team of installation technicians through observation and coaching best practice, quality field audits, mentoring, appraisals, and product development weekly briefings.
* Responsible for ensuring all Health & Safety procedures are adhered to, along with client Standard Operating Procedure (SOP), Company Group policies and any other statutory or moral obligation.
* Responsible for ensuring the professional image of client and the Company Group is maintained at all times, promoting both client and company in a positive manner, acting at all times in the best interest of the customer.
* Bring resolution of any field issues, whether related to unsatisfactory workmanship, customer uncertainty or other installation / customer visit connected matters, exceeding customer expectation where possible and providing outstanding customer care.
You will have the following qualifications and be able to prove experience and competence:
* Can display exceptional working knowledge of client network and fibre installation procedures, or of a similar discipline.
* Broad knowledge of Client Standard Operating Procedures, and both lawful and the Company Group Health & Safety policy.
* Previous management / leadership experience, with proven people management skills.
* Approachable, understanding and able to communicate at all levels in a concise and professional manner.
* A team player, with the ability to take risk and responsibility for individual and team actions.
* Able to understand industry direction, and meet targets associated with cost-efficiency, time scales and customer / client expectation.
* Understanding of self, and ability to motivate both team and individuals in order to ensure productivity, personal and personnel development and customer satisfaction.
* Must possess the ability to drive change, and a positive attitude in any circumstance.
* An enthusiastic, positive and proactive decision maker.
* 12 months driving experience on a full UK driving license.
What's on offer for successful candidates?
* Competitive PAYE Salary
* 20 days' holiday plus statutory bank holidays
* Company Pension scheme
* Cycle to work scheme
* Excellent career progression opportunities
If you feel you have the required experience and want to further your career with a long standing communications contractor, please apply