Wood Mackenzie are an industry-leading data analytics company that provides analysis and insight on the world's natural resources with offices all around the globe. The team are working on a next generation, data analysis & visualization platform utilized by our customer to drive billion-dollar decisions.
Your role will be to design and build a metadata cataloguing solution to record, classify and manage all information stored in the Wood Mackenzie data lake. You'll be an enthusiastic learner, and will always be on the lookout for ways to use what you learn to improve the systems that we build and support.
About you and how you can excel in this role
The person that fills this role must be a self-starter, energized by a challenge, passionate about bringing great products to market and love the thrill of creating a new standard for what's possible.
About the role
You will have the opportunity to drive technical direction, architecture design and implementation of a new Data Cataloguing and Metadata Management component of our integrated data platform, which has been designed and built upon AWS services including S3, ECS, Glue, Sagemaker and Lambda, following best practice Software Engineering processes.
· Build a metadata cataloguing solution to record, classify and manage all information stored in the Wood Mackenzie data lake
· Analyse and interpret requirements from project stakeholders, providing feedback as necessary
· Research, document and propose optimal technology choices to fit the business requirements
· Assist in developing an architecture that addresses functional and non-functional requirements
· Work with other data platform teams to build out a solution applicable to the entire platform
· Design, implement and validate all components of the solution, ensuring adherence to existing technical and operational standards
· Define short-term and longer term strategies for building out the system, including deployment and assessment of production readiness
· Assist in building strategy for go-live of new system, including adapting existing systems and migration of existing data