At Celsian Education we are currently recruiting for a strong behaviour support worker to work within a specialist setting in Leeds. The ideal candidate will be confident in managing challenging behaviours and able to deescalate situations in a calm and effective manner.
You must have a background of supporting students with SEND such as Autism where this is in an educational setting or residential. You will be supporting students with challenging behaviours on a 1:1 basis, building meaningful and trusting relationships and creating a calm environment for learning.
This is a full time role due to begin after the February half term break, it will be on-going until the end of the academic year with the view of going permanent and onto a contract with the school from there.
· We are looking for someone who is adaptable and able to think on their feet, you will be tasked with ensuring that the students in your care stay engaged in learning using different methods that suit that individual.
· You must be able to work full time and be able to commit to this role.
· Team Teach training is essential but can be provided.
· Successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check that is registered on the update service and recent professional references.
· You must have experience supporting students with special educational needs.
If you are interested in joining a successful team and really making difference, click apply now or contact us in branch for further information.
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged