FPGA Electronics Engineer6 Month Contract£50 per hourSurrey
Advantage Resourcing are working with a highly respected space engineering business, they are looking for an Electronics Engineer to work within project teams to design, develop and test electronics sub-systems as required for Aerospace/space projects.Some of the duties and responsibilities below:
You will be expected to undertake the following duties:
Experience and Knowledge
- VHDL design coding, simulation, verification and implementation in hardware with at least 100MHz system clock speed.
- Develop FPGA topology trade-off / top level system architecture designs.
- Modifications to existing VHDL designs.
- Derive / define top level FPGA requirements
- Contribute actively to the development of a project through being a member of multi-national project teams;
- Negotiate and define work packages with other partners, which include industrial, commercial and other higher education institutes;
- Develop expertise in electronic engineering for spacecraft systems and space agency requirements;
- Undertake conceptual analysis (this would involve hand calculations and the design of simple models) and support the programme with documentation including analyses and presentations;
- Develop and define computer models for analyses required within a project;
- Write model description reports, analyses and test prediction;
Skills and abilities
- Established experience in the design and test of digital electronics circuitry and systems including serial data communications down to the component level
- Demonstrable experience in the design, analysis & test of low noise analogue electronic circuitry
- Previous experience with low noise analogue CCD read out electronics and techniques
- Knowledge with regard to aerospace or space related design
- Proven ability to design high speed digital electronic systems
- Previous experience of board level and system testing
- Previous training in FPGA design and verification using VHDL
- Experience with the design of FPGAs including the use of VHDL and high level "graphical capture" design tools
- Previous experience of LabView software from National Instruments
- Proficiency with common computer operating systems and MS Office applications
- Ability to efficiently design digital & analogue circuitry at the schematic capture level using electronic components selected for optimum performance
- Ability to test and debug PCBs at component level recording and presenting results
- Ability to work on own initiative and manage own time, whilst interacting with colleagues
- Ability to handle conflicting priorities and prioritise effectively
- University degree or HND equivalent experience in electronic engineering or equivalent
- Time Served experience and expertise in electronic engineering
- A good understanding of basic physics
To discuss this opportunity further, please send your CV to Lindsay Cunliffe by clicking Apply Now. Candidates with relevant experience will be contacted shortly after.
To apply for this role, please send through your CV for consideration and we will be in touch should your experience match our criteria.
Advantage Resourcing is a service driven recruitment consultancy.