We're supporting our clients as they adapt to a new world in the wake of COVID-19. We're now recruiting for roles which will help our clients to deliver vital services and to resume business wherever possible. What you'll be doing
Excellent communicational skills allow our Data Engineers to liaise effectively with not only our customers but our technical and non-technical colleagues. This enables us to understand complex requirements and challenges, as well as developing precise solutions that enable our customers to deliver valuable outcomes.
Our developments and projects are managed via either Agile or Prince methodologies. The Data Engineer could work on solo projects or as part of digital squads that deliver larger project work. A large proportion of our projects require end-to-end development, therefore a keen eye for detail is necessary.
There is an expectation that Data Engineers keep their technical skills up to date through self-learning, internal training and structured training courses which will be factored into time spent on project related activities.What we're looking for:
Other Desirable Technical Skills
- Valid UK Driving Licence
- Must Undergo Vetting for work on Policing Data Projects
- Willingness to travel for work although Majority will be home based
- Right to work in the UK, and have been resident in the UK for the last 3 years.
- Oracle Database Skills (SQL Server also beneficial)
- Data Migration Project Experience
- Full Project Lifecycle (Requirements, Build, Test, Deploy and Document)
- Working in Agile Methodology
- Self Management of Workloads
What's in it for you?
- API Development
- ETL Development (SSIS, IBM DataStage)
- Commercial experience working with one or more of the following Azure platform as a service (PAAS) technologies:
- Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake Store, Azure Databricks, Azure DevOps, Azure LogicApps
- C# Development
- Data Warehouse Solutions Architecture
- BI Reporting in any of (Microsoft PowerBI, Cognos Analytics, Tableau etc)
- MDM (Master Data Management) Tools
About Capita Consulting
- A competitive basic salary and benefits
- Private Healthcare
- 25 days holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave...and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
- You'll get the chance to follow your chosen career path anywhere in Capita. You'll be joining a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do just that. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.
Capita Plc are the largest UK management, services, engineering and consultancy employing more than 55,000 staff aligned to providing services to the finance and critical infrastructure sectors and heavily aligned to all levels of government supporting key functions across the UK.
Our breadth of skills, services and reach makes us the UK's top player in delivering management, engineering and development consultancy solutions for our customers.
Capita Consulting is a new division created in December 2019 to take a new approach to the market bringing our earned experience from industry and the broad knowledge across the group to provide advice, guidance and our combined expertise to guide and develop unique offerings and solutions to our wide range of existing clients and to develop new streams of revenue.What we hope you'll do next:
Looking to discover more? Let your line manager know, then choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application and send us your CV. Any questions before taking the next step? You can contact for support.
All interviews, assessments and background checks will continue to take place online, to completely remove the need for face-to-face contact. All Capita colleagues who can work from home should do so; and where it is not possible for colleagues to work remotely, we have taken important steps to protect those working from Capita's offices. Social distancing, enhanced hygiene and safety measures are already in place at all Capita locations that are open to protect our colleagues and manage the risk of COVID-19. The welfare of our people is of paramount importance to us, and we're doing everything we can to keep our colleagues and customers safe during this time.
We're an equal opportunity employer, which means we'll consider all suitably qualified applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, age, sexual orientation, disability status or any other protected characteristic. We recruit and develop our people based on merit and their passion for creating better outcomes, and we're committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees .