Key Skills: Python, Django, Rest Framework. Beneficial: PostgreSQL
We are looking for a Python Django back-end developer with previous commercial experience who is ready for a new challenge. You'll play a pivotal role in bringing new SaaS applications to market, working alongside the founders, CTO and senior developers. The successful candidate will have a clear enthusiasm for developing new software, embracing modern technology as a key driver to make businesses better. You will also have confidence to support your ideas within an experienced, successful team. We are looking for people that want to be an integral part of exciting, ambitious projects.
My client is a VC funded startup disrupting FinTech's traditional view that software needs to be a complex toolkit, difficult to implement and expensive to maintain. Founded by successful, experienced software entrepreneurs, their web-based forecasting platform is used in more than 30 countries. They are now looking for additional developers as they expand their software to encompass cash management and corporate treasury within large multinational enterprises.
They actively promote combining time in the office with remote working. Work/life balance is important to them and firmly believe you get the best software by supporting people's work in a way that is most comfortable for them.
Skills and requirements
· Degree or similar in Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent experience.
· Experience with Python, Django and Django REST Framework
· Ability to work independently
· Git source control tools
· Python unit testing, integration and acceptance testing with tools such as Selenium
· Previous continuous integration and deployment experience
· Full life-cycle development of web applications and backend server APIs
· Any previous experience with financial software
NB: candidates who are outside the UK but in the same timezone may also apply. The company is 100% flexible. They conduct 3 meetings a week and a 5min stand up to keep in touch with remote team members. Please apply today to find out more about this growing and stable start-up